Thursday, March 29, 2012

My triumphant return! (Return to... Normalcy?)

Okay, my hell cold is finally abating. I am pleased to report that (knock on wood) no one else in family seemed to get it. Maybe the Emperor, but even with his reduced preschool schedule, he has a cold more often than not so it's hard to tell where one ends and a new one begins.

Anyway, I've been cooking through it mostly, just not finding the energy to post. So here is a photo blast of the stuff I've been making:

Today's lunch - Sesame tofu (Isa recipe) with a pound of steamed asparagus. Yes, I ate a pound of asparagus for lunch by myself. It was great.

Sesame tofu

Dragon Noodle Salad... last night's dinner, a big success.

Dragon Noodle Salad

Tamale Shepherd's Pie from the weekend.

Tamale Shepherd's Pie

Creamy garlic scallion bowl.

Creamy garlic scallion bowl

Korean BBQ Portobello sandwiches.

Korean BBQ Portobellos

All good stuff. Josh also made tofu buffalo wings at some point in there, and we must've eaten something else I'm forgetting. Oh, and I made muffins last Friday with the Emperor (Maple Blueberry, so good!) and cookies with him on Monday (healthyish thumbprint cookies) and forgot to take pictures of either. So yeah.

Now that the yummy pictures are over, a brief announcement: now that I am approaching 3 months postpartum and am back in the general swing of having an infant and still functioning, I am feeling ready to start purposefully losing the 18ish lbs of baby weight that I still have. (I lost about 35 lbs right away. Human bodies are amazing. Not another pound has budged in the intervening months.) So, to that end, I am doing food tracking again. Yaaaay, what fun.

I'm not going to post calorie counts here because I feel like that's triggering for a lot of people (myself included), but I think that the theme for next month is going to be photographing and posting what I eat daily, along with (maybe) talking about what exercise I'm doing. Wish me luck!

Also, cute baby photos will continue because no matter what size my butt is, these guys are always adorable:
Tree dweller

Wren relaxing

1 comment:

Amey said...

yay! you're back! So glad you're feeling better. I got a cold too, and it was icky. Colds are a bummer, for sure. Also, i LOVE the cutie pie pics. Such sweeties. Hope you're back in action 100% soon. xo