Friday, March 2, 2012

It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake (Return to Normalcy #2)

Have you ever baked a Bundt cake before? Prior to yesterday, I'd never made a full-sized one (and actually, I still haven't; more on that in a sec). Mini ones-- cupcake Bundts really-- yes, but never a full on cake. But yesterday I tried a wonderful test recipe: Orange Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake.

Once upon a time, I had a normal 12 cup Bundt pan. It came from Goodwill. I had seen a bunch of beautiful Bundts (say that out loud, it's difficult) on the internet or something and decided I was totally going to make some if only I could find a pan. So I saw the pan at Goodwill and got excited and bought it... and then it sat in my cabinet just taking up space. I never used it. And when we moved, I got rid of it because I HATE moving stuff that I don't use.

Then I forgot that I had given it back to Goodwill and signed up to test this recipe. Then I panicked and went back to Goodwill and AAAAAAAAH NO 12 CUP PANS!!!1!1!!!!! But I found two cute 6 cup pans instead and split the batter (which was supposed to go in a 12 cup pan) between the two. Here are the results:

Orange Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake

Just the larger cake.

Tower of Bundt

Both cakes stacked.

It's a great cake, and I already can't wait til the book comes out so I can be like: MAKE THAT CAKE.

Maybe you should buy a Bundt pan now, just so you're ready. Just sayin'.

Here's the Emperor testing the cake. He definitely gives it his stamp of approval, fyi.

Caaaaaaake!

No comments: