Sunday, March 18, 2012

Aaaah! I missed a day! Also: pasta. (Return to Normalcy #17)

Well, damn. I missed a day of blogging this month. I've felt a cold coming on literally since the Magician was born and yesterday I thought it'd finally caught up with me. Felt achey and worn down all day and I ended up falling asleep on the floor in the evening. Doh.

Anyway, I'll try to catch up with a double-post later in the month. We'll see. Keeping up momentum this week has been hard for some reason.

Here's what we had for dinner tonight:

Baked ziti w/baby greens

Baked ziti. Yum. The Emperor called it pasta with tofu scramble on top. (He's not super far off.) He actually ate a ton despite the fact that there was SAUCE on his NOODLES.

What exactly is ziti? I was trying to figure this out at the grocery store. I checked at 3 different stores and none of them had anything marked ziti. Penne, penne rigate, rigatoni, "smooth" penne, etc... lots of variants with names like that. But no ziti. What gives?

I read the wikipedia article on the subject and I still don't understand what separates ziti from penne. Oh pasta, there are way too many types of you for me to keep track of.

Okay, cute baby pictures and then I'm off to fall over:

Windy hair day

It was crazy windy out today, as you can see above.

Saturday evening pt 1

And here you can see that the little one is plumping up nicely.

1 comment:

bazu said...

Ziti is smooth with flat ends, penne is ridged with slanty ends!