Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Two dinners... (Early Days #2 & 3)

Quick post!

Things are still going well here with the new baby. The Emperor is starting to return to normal, for which we're all thankful. He and Josh are heading out to go to a wedding at Disney (the one in Florida, I have no idea which one is "land" and which one is "world") on Thursday and Wren and I will be staying home. My mother-in-law, who is a really lovely person, has come to stay with us while the gentlemen are gone. (I always feel sad for people who have troublesome or unpleasant in-laws. The troublesome/unpleasant people are all on *my* side of the family.) Should be time for a little blogging but we'll see...

I cooked dinner two nights in a row! So I've now made dinner um... 3 out of the 9 nights that I've been home since the little guy was born. 1/3rd. Not bad. Not quite back to normal, but we're working on it.

Here's last night's:

Dinner 1/30

Baked sweet potato fries with smoked paprika, and tofu and bok choy sauteed in soy sauce and fresh orange juice.

And here's tonight's:

Dinner 1/31

The Oh She Glows squash mac'n'cheez with steamed fresh broccoli. Tasty. I always buy frozen broccoli because I have convinced myself that it's just as good, especially for mixing in things which is what I usually do with it... but this fresh broccoli was so delicious that I wonder if maybe I've just been lying to myself about the broc. Hmm.

And in case you forgot what they look like, here are the little gentlemen:

The Emperor in a truck.

Firetruck!

The baby... sleeping. SURPRISE.

Passed out

No comments: