Friday, January 13, 2012

No baking tonight...

Don't worry, I haven't had a baby and forgotten to tell you about it. I'm just not feeling like baking anything today, so I am taking a blogcation until tomorrow!

Well, almost. I did want to give a quick vegan shoutout while I'm posting anyway. Towards the end of October, someone on the PPK linked me to a Kickstarter page for a vegan baker who was trying to raise funds for a commercial oven in order to open a vegan baked goods kitchen in a coffee shop in Milwaukee of all places. It sounded like such a sweet (no pun intended) project to me that I gave $25-- not a ton but hey, every bit counts, right? Today I received an awesome little thank you package in the mail with some stuff from the bakery, Compassionate Cake. (The coffee shop they sell at is Brewing Grounds for Change, which you can find on Facebook.)

Obviously I can't speak to the actual location as I'm on the other side of the country, but I can tell you that the treats they mailed me-- an assortment of vegan cookies-- are bangin'. The Emperor and I split a cinnamon-sugar biscotti, and as soon as I took a bite of it, I regretted agreeing to share it with him. That's right. It was so good, I didn't want to share it with my 2 year old. That's meaningful!

Anyway, if you're in the Milwaukee area, go eat something there and tell me about it!

No comments: