Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Baked pancakes, a bit of a flop (Still Baking #3)

On the upside: today was my last day of work! I am on leave now! WOOOOOO!

On the downside: today I also had to take down the Christmas tree so that the city could recycle it. (They mulch the trees and use the mulch in playgrounds throughout the county. That's pretty sweet, you have to admit.) That made me really sad and totally threw my mood off...

And so I was in a haphazard mood when I entered the kitchen, and not paying a lot of attention to what I was doing...

Which is probably why I ended up with these:

Failurecakes

Baked pancakes. They tasted better than they looked, which was almost a necessity considering just how bad they looked when they came out of the oven. They were a little on the too whole wheaty side (I'm out of white whole wheat flour and only have straight up gritty whole wheat flour) but once I spritzed them with lemon juice and sprinkled on some demerara sugar, they were passable. The Emperor really liked them-- he's always happy to have pancakes for dinner-- so I guess they weren't really a failure, they just felt that way.

Well, I did agree to embrace my failures in 2012, so I guess I may as well start Jan 3rd!

Last but not least, here's your daily Emperor. I think there's something adorable about him brushing his teeth. It may be a mom thing.

Teeth again

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A failure? No way! Baked pancakes sound super cool. I don't think that I have heard of baking pancakes but now I must know how to do them...

Amey said...

oh my gosh, those are the monkey PJs!!!! SO CUTE. and I'm not even his mom and I think he's adorable when he brushes his teeth. :)

love!