Thursday, November 18, 2010

Vegan MoFo Day 18: Return to our regularly scheduled apple-o-rama!

Our friends departed this morning and it was back to business as usual around here. I am really exhausted... post-fun time crash... so today's mostly going to be pictures.



Breakfast! Peanut butter toast, Love Buzz with unsweetened almond milk, and an apple. I made a note of which apples I particularly like at the market this week, and it turns out my favorites are Black Twigs (this one), Pippins, and Mutsus. I don't like anything that ends in Delicious and I don't like Gala apples because they get mushy after a day or two.



Bleary Emperor gnawing on that Black Twig for breakfast. He had a long day yesterday and was a little frazzled all day today.



And here he is with apple #2 of the day, a Pippin, at the UCSC Arboretum.



After that we had some rice crackers I found in the bottom of the diaper bag. (In another bag, not just floating loose! These aren't floor crackers!) The boy laid claim to almost all of these.



Then we had 66 cents worth of sesame sticks at New Leaf.



Home for leftover moussaka. The Emperor only had a bite.



And finally, more vegan pigs in blankets. J made them for me as a treat because he knows I'm sad about our friends going. He's very sweet. The Emperor wasn't into these at all toight though.

No comments: