Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vegan MoFo Day 28: Sick (again?!)... Plus Oatmeal!

Okay, these things are in reverse order in the title... this morning I woke up and had the most fabulous bowl of oatmeal. Oh, okay, every bowl of oatmeal is the most fabulous one, right? But this one was really pretty exquisite... and delightfully simple and quick to put together. Seemed like a really decadent thing to eat for breakfast when I had like 20 minutes to get it all done with.

Oh yeah, contents: steel cut oats, unsweetened almond breeze, a dash of grey sea salt, and seven chopped figs. I love figs so much. So very, very much.

This is a brief post because my brain and body are both kind of fried. I got home from a horrible midterm at about 2:30 and became suddenly violently ill around 4. My whole body aches from it, but especially my poor stomach. As a result, I had a gentle dinner of toast, followed a few hours later by some mild lentil soup. Very comforting, but I still feel nasty.

Going to go sleep it off. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. It will be farmer's market day, so this is almost guaranteed!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Feel better. i've never thought about figs in oatmeal but it seems like a lot of bloggers are doing this which makes me curious. I've also recently gotten into steal cut oats. The texture takes a little getting used to but they sure are filling.

Bex said...

I have yet to try steel cut oats. You make them sound amazing